Whys should you be investing in Email Marketing…
- 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
- 31% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are the best way to nurture leads. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020)
- 60% of retail, e-commerce, and consumer goods and services companies are personalizing emails based on past purchases, versus 38% in 2019. (Litmus, 2020)
- More than 8 out of 10 people will open a welcome email, generating 4x as many opens and 10x as many clicks as other email types. (GetResponse, 2020)
- The single message autoresponder email had an astonishing 98% open rate and a 37% click-through rate. (GetResponse, 2020)
- Nearly 22% of all email campaigns are opened within the first hour of sending. (GetResponse, 2020)
Email marketing has had its ups and its downs over the years. Massively successful when emails first became popular, it eventually dropped due to spammers and then regained popularity as spam filters, and the quality of email marketing got better.
The latest obstacle in the ever-winding road of Email Marketing has been the introduction of GDPR law in the UK. There have been some horror stories and sleepless nights thinking about the ever-decreasing subscribed email lists. However, all this has done is reduced the cost of sending the emails. The results have remained the same, those that were previously buying from emails, have subscribed to receive more in future and those that weren’t, are no great loss.
We have managed the most common eCommerce email campaigns highlighted as spam and that was for two online pharmacies, selling Erectile Dysfunction pills of all things. One of the pharmacies had a database of over 100k customers before GDPR and they shrunk to just 10k, yet we ensured sales didn’t suffer and decreased the cost of the campaign.
- Opt in email list secured by offering what your buyer personas need
- Segmentation of list
- The right content mix
- The perfect call to action
- Well thought out design on all devices
- A/B testing of the subject heading and timing
- Automated staged emails
Our charges are:
- £50+vat per campaign
- POR for bespoke chain of automated emails e.g. lead nurturing campaign from a document download from your website.
Email sender charges:
- These depend on the system we use and the size of your email database, here are some of the systems we can use and links to their pricing:
Benefits of Email Marketing
One of the most obvious benefits of email marketing is its lower cost compared to mainstream marketing channels. Granted, there may be a small overhead for sending thousands of emails at a time, but these costs are far lower than what you would expect to pay using other marketing channels.
Email marketing is one of the only channels that consumers ask to receive. The majority of businesses utilising email marketing only send messages to those who have signed up to receive them. This can allow for much higher conversion rates as a business is only targeting those who already have an interest in your business. It is, of course, possible to send unsolicited email marketing messages, but this is only likely to annoy consumers and result in a damaged brand image.
Calls To Action
Email marketing is great for taking advantage of impulse buying. There aren’t many other marketing platforms which allow customers to go from witnessing an offer to purchasing an item within two clicks of a button. With a tempting call to action and a link straight to the checkout, email newsletters can drive sales like no other channel.
Another key benefit of email marketing is that you can see the performance of each and every email. We can track open, click-through and conversion rates, making it simple to spot how a campaign can be improved. These changes can be made almost immediately too, whereas print or broadcast advertising requires quite a bit of effort and cost to alter.
Easy To Share
Subscribers can forward brilliant deals and offers to their friends and colleagues at the click of a button. There aren’t many other types of marketing that can be shared as easily as this.
Your email lists can be segmented so that each email can be specific for each segment of your target audience. Rather than mass emailing everyone the same message, your email marketing campaign can ensure each email is relevant to the recipient.
What other marketing platform lets you instantly send a message to thousands of people across the world?
Due to the immediacy of email, a business can start seeing results within minutes of its emails being sent. Businesses typically have to wait weeks until they see sales come in as a result of print or broadcast campaigns. And even then, how can they be sure what was responsible for the sale?
Return On Investment
In the business world, results are arguably all that matters. With this in mind, the main reason that most businesses invest in email marketing is the fantastic return on investment. In 2011, the Direct Marketing Association estimated that email marketing typically returns £40 for every £1 invested. A number of sources have suggested that this is better than any other platform.