SEO can be confusing and frustrating.
we filter through the hearsay, cancel out the buzzwords and debunk the misinformation for you.
A good SEO agency works hard to make your website is the most relevant, trustworthy and user-friendly in your marketplace.
Do this, and Google will rank your site higher than your competition.
Google organic rankings generate a far greater volume of traffic than paid ads, at the time your potential customers are proactively searching for your product or service.
Those searching in Google will be far more likely to have the intent to buy against those who are targeted via ads on other platforms such as Social Media. As a result, the conversion rate and ROI should be greater if optimised correctly.
You can get an idea of how valuable these rankings are by learning how much it costs to appear at the top using Google’s PPC Adwords. We analyse various tools such as Keyword Planner and our SEO program to research keywords for optimisation.
Strategy Plus is one of Birmingham’s most experienced SEO agencies. We developed our first website back in 1997, and even back then all our websites came with an SEO package. Although Google’s algorithm has changed over time, we still believe in the SEO fundamentals, make your site the best it can be and tell everyone about it.
Benefits of SEO
SEO is not just about Search Engine Rankings!
Did you know that Google changed the placing of its ads in 2016? Most SEO agencies won’t tell you this, but organic traffic has suffered from a drop in click through rate for this reason.
Since then, Google has removed its ads from the right-hand side of the page to instead feature more at the very top due to its prime positioning.
Organic rankings continue to dominate the majority of search engine traffic. This is why we believe it’s important to create inbound links from other sites that generate traffic with real buyer intent, not just ‘link juice’.
Since Google’s recent updates, a lot has changed in the world of SEO.
When looking to practice SEO correctly, it’s not all about Google rankings.
A good SEO Agency will target highly trusted, relevant sites for inbound links, this way you don’t just get great rankings but will also generate great traffic from other websites.
As an agency, we can do everything from research, technical SEO, content creation, link building, CRO and continuous analysis.
What we deliver depends on your current status, in-house capabilities and the level of competition.
We understand that every business is different, which is why we’ll tailor a holistic strategy, where we work together and deliver results you can see every month.
We think finding the best SEO agency for your business is based on three factors:
transparency, flexibility and experience.
Transparency means informing your clients every step of the way. Before the project starts and after the research has taken place, there needs to be a clear understanding of the search terms you would like to be found for and the strategy towards achieving effective SEO.
We always believe in explaining any results and findings we make, giving clients the ability to review any software tools to understand what’s been achieved.
Flexibility means giving the client the freedom to work to a schedule that’s right for them.
We don’t believe in tying you into a fixed term contract with a fixed monthly price. Things change – whether that’s your business, your competition or Google’s algorithm – so providing flexibility to vary our support as and when you need it should be a given.
Digital marketing agency should be a partner, not just a service provider.
Experience is all about keeping on top of changes with SEO. The topic isn’t taught at school or university, so SEO knowledge always has to come from the SEO agency’s genuine interest in the field.
SEO has an element of trial and error, so the more experience an SEO agency has, the less testing is needed. We know what works with a much higher degree of certainty, compared with agencies with less experience in the sector.
Organic search engine traffic accounted for 73 percent of all traffic to business services websites
(Search Engine Land)
How we do SEO
Since 1997, we have helped hundreds of local businesses get consistent traffic to their site via search engines.
And how do we do this? We cover all bases, whilst keeping an eye of Google’s ever-changing algorithms:
We conduct market, competitor and keyword research before starting any SEO campaign.
We analyse how your potential customers behave online, and from there, craft a bespoke plan to get your site in front of them as and when they are searching for your product or service.
We will agree on search terms to focus on based on the search volume, buyer intent and competition levels.
The primary focus of Google SERPS is to deliver the most relevant and complete sources of content for each search query.
To ensure we tick these boxes, we have to perfect the following:
- ensuring a seamless user experience on your site, particularly how it performs on mobile and desktop devices, by improving the Google Page Insights score.
- improving the site structure and internal link structure
- checking Google Search Console to ensure Google is crawling your site correctly
- optimise page titles, meta descriptions, headings and image tags
- Create “complete” content relating to each search query
Google might be convinced your site is relevant and works seamlessly, but how do they know they can trust you as a business? Google measures this in various ways, the most recognised is through analysing the links directed to your site from others. Google sees each link as a testimonial, as websites don’t usually link to bad sites. The more links you have from high quality, relevant websites, the more trust Google will have in ranking your site.
These are just a few examples of the way in which we increase Google’s trust in your website:
- make sure your site is featured on Google My Business, alongside other trusted local directories, including industry-specific sites
- obtain links from existing connections
- carry out outreach to build relationships with relevant and trusted websites to obtain inbound links and traffic over time
- and share your content on social media and social bookmarking websites to increase the chance of your site being found and linked to
Content is central to SEO, without the most relevant and complete content, Google will not serve your web page to it’s users. Not only this, but other webistes won’t link to you either, proving Google’s decision. For this reason, we focus on:
- Improve the most popular current content
- Writing blog articles on a regular basis to answer the queries we know customers are asking
- Producing videos, infographics and other forms of visual content, as Google likes to see a variety of content and will keep users on your page for longer
- Publishing content via social media and bookmarking channels to increase exposure and credibility
- Ensuring traffic to your website converts into leads and sales
We share monthly reports with our clients, providing essential data on real KPI’s, rankings and leads and sales generated from SEO.
- measure organic and referral traffic to your site
- highlight any changes to your rankings
- monitor website conversions from organic and referral traffic
- and make suggestions for future online marketing improvements